Thursday, 8 January 2015

2nd Heavy Cavalry - Updated with added Plumes

As the French Heavy Cavalry had plumes on their bicornes, and the figures I had used didn't, I decided to add plumes to the next unit I'm painting, which will be the 20th - a regiment that had pink facings and pink and black plumes.

I used a little green stuff, rolled into a carrot shape and carefully added these to the existing figures, and as I was happy with the results I then added plumes to the 2nd.

I think the paint I used is a little thick looking, so it'll need a little more work, but the plumes give these figures an extra "frenchness".

Here is the 2nd Heavy Cavalry with added plumes...


I also printed off a flag for these, but as you can see from the results, it makes sense to use properly printed flags rather than inkjet printed.


And here are the 2nd with the (in progress) 20th at the rear...

2 comments:

Phil said...

a very good idea..the figures look great...well done!

Jonathan Freitag said...

Nice conversion work on the headgear. For mine, I may go the AB Saxon route.