Sunday 21 June 2015

Oltramarina Schiavoni - Venetian skirmishers Part 3

I painted and based four of my Oltramarini figures as skirmishers as a tester to see how they work. The minimal conversion on these seems to have paid off and these are much better representations of this unit. I've now converted enough figures to finish off the skirmishers, plus the figures for a command base for a unit fighting as a battalion.

Here's the first few...


These are really nice figures to paint, with loads of detail and character. I'm not sure if the faces that look a bit dodgy are down to the figures, but I think its probably down to my painting.

As you can see these are a much better size of figure compared to the Essex figures.


Seen next to my AB Austrians and the other Old Glory Italians, my Piedmontese, these figures don't look as weird as the tiny Essex ones.


So I have another 8 to do for the skirmishers, and then I'll do flags and the 32 man battalion.

No comments: